The big blue jello cards - set 1 are a larger version of our popular blue jello cards set 1and feature the same 58 patterns.
Their larger size is multi-purpose and especially useful for larger groups and classes.
Just like the smaller cards, Big Blue Jello Cards - Set 1 are used to
teach a fun vocabulary of rhythmic words for reading rhythms, writing
rhythms, understanding note and rest values and notating compositions.
These cards help all levels of students to learn:
- The difference between a note and a rest
- A fun vocabulary to read single notes, rests and note groupings
- To keep a steady beat when reading rhythms
- A vocabulary to identify rhythms by listening
- The relative values of basic notes and rests
- To divide notes and rests into measures
- Hand signs to understand how notes and rests are drawn and increase finger dexterity and promote kinethestic learning of rhythm
- To read musical scores with confidence
- Like all Music Mind Games materials, the Blue Jello Cards Set 1 are
not used as flash cards. Instead, they are read together, and students
learn by imitating the pronunciation, steady beat, and tempo of their
- Each new note or rest is introduced one at a time. The new note or
rest first appears on one card in context with previously learned notes
and rests. The next card features only the new note or rest. This
sequence is followed by several cards with the new note or rest and
previously learned notes and rests.
- Cards have various numbers of beats so when time signatures are learned, one meter doesn’t feel “more correct” than another one.
- 32 two-sided cards featuring 58 Blue Jello patterns
- This set contains cards 16 inches (40.5 cm) long and 4 inches (10 cm) tall. (The original blue jello cards- set 1 cards are 8 inches long and 2 inches tall.)
- Guide Cards
- A Notes & Rests Card Chart not found in Blue Jello Cards- Set 1
- An 8-page game insert containing:
- An article about Blue Jello
- A chart of Blue Jello hand signs and Blue Jello drawings
- Four exciting game ideas:
- Blue Jello Cards
- Blue Jello Dominos
- Blue Bar Lines
- Double Bar Sit Dow